Joint statement on CPD
Statement on Continuing Professional Development for health and social care practitioners
The Joint Statement on Continuing Professional Development for Health and Social Care Practitioners was developed collaboratively by the Allied Health Professions. It calls for a guaranteed minimum time to be granted by employers to facilitate continuing professional development while recognising the importance of learning outcomes, as opposed to the fulfillment of hours.
The purpose of the joint statement is to:
- influence health and social care employers;
- influence UK-wide health and social care policymaker;
- support workplace representatives and the union learning agenda;
- facilitate the health care quality agenda; and
- facilitate the workforce modernisation agenda.